Thursday, May 31, 2007

Summer Blooms



I finally got started on my Summer Blooms cross stitch last night. It's been one of my top "next starts" for a few years now but I've just never gotten around to it. I've had the material cut and ready for 6 months or so, but I was always working on Waiting and wanted to finish it before starting something bigish.

Well, I had planned on starting Dream Sampler from Dragon Dreams but I ordered the specialty threads from an Online Needlework Store (ONS) over two weeks ago and they haven't even SHIPPED it yet. I've emailed her a few times asking for an update and am always told "any day now".

I know that she's waiting for her shipment from the manufacturer to come in, so I know that technically it's not her fault, but there really should be some better communication on her part. And, if she didn't have the item in stock and didn't know when to expect it, she REALLY shouldn't have had it for sale on her site.

She emailed me a few days after I ordered to let me know that she was waiting for a few of the items to come in and I emailed back asking if I could expect them in "a few days or a few weeks?" and she told that they would be in that Monday. I should have seen that was a lie right then since the Monday she was talking about was Victoria Day. (Yes, the store is in Canada). We went to Moncton that weekend for a day without the kids and I had planned on picking them up at the LNS in Moncton if it were going to be a while for her to get them in, but decided against it since her order was coming just a few days later. Unfortunately I learned my lesson the hard way. All I can say is I will NEVER be ordering from Daisy Stitches again!

Anyway, now that I've finished my rant, I'll continue with my original point. Since I couldn't start Dream Sampler, I decided to start on Summer Blooms in the meantime. Neither one is a large project. Summer blooms is 204 x 90 stitches, so not too bad since most of the area is empty. The bottom 2/3 of the cross stitch is fairly sparse, being a topiary and all.

I've got about 2.5 hours on it now. I'll post a picture when I get a little further along.

2 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Summer blooms is going to be so pretty!

I hope you enjoy DD's Dream Sampler when you start it. I stitched the model for Jennifer and it was a joy to stitch! Sorry to hear you're having a hard time with the ONS you ordered from.

Anonymous said...

Christine, your girls are so gorgeous, you must be so proud.

Ellie

Some (but not all) blinkies adopted from:

Others found randomly around the net and put here to use for my own nefarious purposes! Muahahahaha. (*J/K*)