Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Visions of Dragons


I Finally finished stitching my Dream Sampler from Dragon Dreams. I've got 45 hours total stitching time on it. I didn't end up frogging out the Watercolors in the fairy's skirt. It looked fine with half stitches of the MUCH thicker Watercolors fibres, rather than the Waterlilies that it called for. I did, however frog the backstitching around the fairy's wings (what a chore that was!) and the backstitch swirls beside the fairy's wings. (which is much harder to see with the finer thread)

This one is for Olivia. I do plan on stitching it again for Rachel once I find a fabric that I suits it.

When I get around to getting it framed I'll post another picture.

Oh, I forgot to mention that it's stitched on 32 ct Iris Garden Opalescent Lugana from Silkweaver.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Oh wow, I love it on that fabric, congrats!! Wow that's a really nice birthday cake. I love fondant cakes but have never attempted to make one myself.

Faith Ann said...

Very pretty!

The cake is gorgeous too... now I want to try making fondant!!

tkdchick said...

That's just beautiful! Congratulations!! I stitched the original model and I think it looks fantastic on that fabric!

splendidgibberish said...

this work of art is splendid!
I hope when you see it hung in your grand children's room many years from now, you will remember all the love you shared while you created it.

Some (but not all) blinkies adopted from:

Others found randomly around the net and put here to use for my own nefarious purposes! Muahahahaha. (*J/K*)