Thursday, June 28, 2007

SBQ: The Choices We Make

SBQ for June 22, 2007 was suggested by Kathryn and is:

When you start a new work do you look for something small, do you look for
another huge project or do you consider your UFOs?



When I start a new project it usualy depends on which one is "calling to me" the most at that particular time. Usually though I'll know far enough in advance that I'm planning to take on another project and have two or three picked out that are my top picks, then when I'm ready to start I'll usually pick from those two or three. Sometimes I'll do one on a whim, but since I do so few projects compared to some of the stitching bloggers I read, I tend to be a bit pickier. If I do do start something on a whim it tends to be pretty small.

Because of my pickiness I have very few UFOs. I know most of my projects (even medium ones) take me quite a bit longer than other stitchers so I only do ones that I really love. I won't pick one to stitch that's just so-so. I guess that's one of the good sides of being a slow stitcher, I don't have tons of finished stuff that I'm not crazy about any more. I've also been pretty good at not taking on another big project until I finish my current one. Mind you I've not done very many big projects to date, so that part of it might change.

I just recently started my first rotation and started two medium projects and am about to start a large one, all at the same time. This is the first time I've started so many projects so close together, I'm hoping that the "starting" bug hasn't bitten me too hard, because I'm sure that could be a bad habbit to have when you finish as slowly as I do. ;)


The original post on the "Incoherant Scribblings" blog can be found here.

No comments:

Some (but not all) blinkies adopted from:

Others found randomly around the net and put here to use for my own nefarious purposes! Muahahahaha. (*J/K*)