Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Stitching and Waiting...

It's been a while since my last post and recently I've been wanting to get back into Cross stitching more. I've been reading quite a few stitching blogs and checking out the "WIP" or "Works In Progress" and it makes me want to get back to it. I had picked it up again shortly before my trip to the hospital, but I haven't done much since then. It's hard to find the time with everything going on around here. There's absolutely NO time during the day. I can't dig my stitching out at all because Olivia wants to "help" me. *lol* I had started, on the advice of another stitcher, to take it out about 15 or 20 minutes each evening. It's not a lot of progress at once, but it's definitely better than no progress.

Here's a picture of the pattern I'm working on. It's called Waiting by Linda Gordanier Jary. It was a "free" pattern from Charles Craft I got a few years ago and just recently started on. (read: last year, which is recent for me as Cross Stitch projects go) I think that I've only got about 20 hours on it so far. I say "I think" because until I started stitching again a few weeks ago, I never counted my time. I'm estimating based on the time it takes me to stitch one block. Since I've been stitching solid colours only so far (the panels in the curtain) it's pretty easy to estimate.

When I get the picture taken, I'll upload a picture of the work so far. But for now everyone will have to make due with a very blury scan of the picture I got with the pattern. I think I'll put it in my bedroom when it's finished.


Also, I'm uploading a picture of one of the next patterns I want to stitch. It's from an old magazine I have and it's called Summer Blooms. I scanned it quite a while back so I don't mark up the mag. It's going to go in my kitchen when It's finished, and when my kitchen is finally finished *lol*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi I love that pattern.I even sent an email to Charles craft but they can't find. Let me know if there's is a website for the designer I would love to order it.

Unknown said...

Let me know where I can find the pattern of you have an email for her for waiting.

Some (but not all) blinkies adopted from:

Others found randomly around the net and put here to use for my own nefarious purposes! Muahahahaha. (*J/K*)