Monday, October 09, 2006

3 new projects finished!

Last night I did a few sewing projects I've had in mind for a few weeks now. Well, only one that I actually had in mind, the others were just because I had extra material left. :)

The original project was the small bag. It was originally intended to hold Olivia's dance shoes for her dance class, but I made it a bit larger so it could be used as an overnight bag when she goes on a sleepover. I also decided to make a small pillowcase with the leftovers. (I bought lots of material in case I messed it up too badly to fix. *lol* I'm not much of a sewer, I prefer Cross-stitching instead!) The pillow is actually only half the size of a regular one. I had an old pillow that's had lots of use and was about as thin as a piece of paper. *lol* So I folded it in half to make it an ok thickness and made the case to fit around that. It's her new "sleepover" pillow and it matches her bag. She was so excited this morning when she got up and saw them. Here's a quick peek.



I also ended up making one more project before bed. My Aunt Care and my cousins Ocean and Jesse were visiting from PEI this weekend for my grandfather's 75th birthday party and Ocean asked me to make her a little bag for her iPod, so I used some of the leftovers to make a tiny version of Olivia's bag. Isn't it cute!!!

No comments:

Some (but not all) blinkies adopted from:

Others found randomly around the net and put here to use for my own nefarious purposes! Muahahahaha. (*J/K*)