Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Waiting at 51 hours. The drapes are finished!!!

I know it's been a while since I've posted an update on my "Waiting" cross-stitch, but I took a break from stitching for a few weeks. I do that quite often in fact. That's the main reason I take so long to actually finish anything. My Mr. Bear X-stitch took me somewhere in the vicinity of 4 years to complete. Often I'll leave off stitching for several months at a time.

But anyway, enough about that. Here's my progress picture. I took it at 51 hours instead of 50 hours. I was so close to finishing the drapes that I didn't want to stop long enough to take the picture because I was scared that I'd get lazy and not pick it back up again. *lol* So, the drapes are finally finished and I FINALLY get to move on to more interesting areas to stitch! Woohoo!!






Notice the colour of the fabric and floss. I recently got a cheap lamp for my Cross stitch area that I put a "true light" lightbulb in. If you look back at the old posts with pictures of this project you can see the difference the light makes in the colours. I never realized how much difference it made until I saw the pictures side by side.

(Click on the "Waiting" label at the bottom of this post to see all the posts about this project.)

No comments:

Some (but not all) blinkies adopted from:

Others found randomly around the net and put here to use for my own nefarious purposes! Muahahahaha. (*J/K*)