Thursday, March 29, 2007

100 Hours Waiting

Well, I made it to the magical 100 hour mark on Waiting, but I'm still nowhere close to finished. Well, I guess close is a ?? word here. I'm much closer than I was 10, 20, 30 hours ago, but I've still got a ways to go. I'm guessing 30 or 40 more hours, stitching at my pace. I've barely touched her the past few months, only getting an hour or so here and there, so god knows when I'll get her finished.


Janice has been watching me work away on her (she's my cousin for those who don't know who I'm talking about.) and decided she wanted to stitch her as well. (Enabling points for me!) But I think she's actually got just as much-- if not more-- done than I do. I know she's waiting until last to work on the drapes. I advised her to do that, because I found even though I was getting a lot of stitching done, I didn't see much progress since the picture didn't seem to shape up very fast. Anyway, when she's done I'll get her to email me a pic and I'll post it here too. She stitched it on bright white evenweave (the pattern calls for white) instead of the almost mushroom coloured linen that I used. It makes a big difference in the look of the project. I didn't think it would make that much of a difference, since they're both light coloured fabrics, but it does.


Anyway, here's my 100 hour picture, and here's hoping that I can actually get her finished soon. I've got several more big ones that I want to start, especially Fairy Moon, since I've now got the fabric for her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your getting close to done. I feel like I've still got so long to go even though all I have left is the drape and a small portion of the bottom of her dress. Oh well, I'll get er' done.

Some (but not all) blinkies adopted from:

Others found randomly around the net and put here to use for my own nefarious purposes! Muahahahaha. (*J/K*)